Sunday, April 9, 2023

Falling Snow Globe

 


My son and I built this musical snow globe for my wife for Christmas and I'm just getting through a backlog of projects and posting it now.

My son composes music and he wrote this piano piece, "Falling Snow" a few years ago.  He converted the score to a music box for this project. Sadly the water proofing did not work, and the first attempt ruined the miniature piano, but the final product looks great without the water.

Here is a video (with audio).


Piano Build

I found the piano and bench on Thingiverse by Winslow, scaled, and printed it.

The piano required some minor patching at this scale, but was otherwise perfect.


I quickly designed the circular hardwood stage in Tinker CAD.  I did not add wood texture, but the 3D FDM printer leaves enough lines, etc to give a realistic look after quickly sanding the top.

Assembled and painted it looks very nice.

And the final images show added snow flocking (because the water sealer did not work and it is no ,

Globe Build

The plug was designed to insert into a Globe from National Artcraft and a basic music module found on Amazon was integrated into the base.
The base was pained balck and the title plaque was designed in TinckerCAD and printed on a 3D printer in white PVA.



No comments:

Post a Comment